two national parks
Our holiday cabins, built of environmentally friendly, cross-laminated timber (CLT) panels that absorb carbon, are located at the heart of Lake Saimaa in the village of Oravi, standing on a narrow headland between the Linnansaari and Kolovesi National Parks. The area, imbued with history, enchants not only with its location but with its coziness, too.
Our identical nine cabins, furnished with high-quality and tasteful materials, feature wall-to-ceiling windows with views towards the Oravi canal, the picturesque Lake Saimaa, and the Linnansaari National Park. The panoramic windows are perfect for letting some of the pure Finnish light in, or for admiring the clear night skies. If you’re extra lucky, you might even catch sight of some Northern Lights.
Each of our holiday cottages offers a stunning view of Lake Saimaa, which is free for anyone to swim, fish, and play in. Our bright and spacious cabins are perfect for travelers who seek quality accommodation in a natural setting.
The idyllic Oravi village and the services offered by the small community, ranging from a village shop and a restaurant to various leisure and outdoor activities, are located on the other side of the headland, just a short walk away from the resort area.
82 m² | 4 people
- living room with kitchenette, dining and sitting area
- two bedrooms
- two bathrooms
- secluded terrace
STARTING FROM (VALID UNTIL DECEMBER 31)
452,60 euros / 2 nights
- Double beds for a total of four people. Beds in the smaller bedroom can be separated.
- Linens and towels for four people.
- Modern kitchen with a fridge-freezer, oven and induction cooker, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, kettle, toaster, and tableware for eight people.
- Living area with a sofa bed for two extra guests.
- Fireplace with firewood and matches provided.
- Terrace with an electric grill and dining table in the summer.
- Cleaning supplies
- Travel cot, high chair, and a potty for children (provided only when informed of the need before your stay).
- TV and wireless internet access (fiber-optic).
- Sorting and recycling station for mixed waste, organic waste, cardboard, metal, glass, and plastic.
- Ironing board and iron are in the equipment storage in the maintenance building on the site.
Please notify us of the need for an extra bed or a travel cot when making the reservation. We charge 30 € per person for the extra bed linen and towels.
Prices until December 31st*
452,60 € / 2 nights (regular price 620 €)
620 € / 3 nights (regular price 850 €)
803 € / 4 nights (regular price 1100 €)
949 € / 5 nights (regular price 1300 €)
1095 € / 6 nights (regular price 1500 €)
1241 € / 7 nights (regular price 1700 €)
*Book by December 31, 2023, and stay by April 30, 2024. You can access the offer by using the code talvi2023. This discount applies only to new bookings.
Pets are welcome at Kanava Resort for an additional fee of 100 euros (only in units 8 through 10). Please let us know if you plan on bringing a pet when making your reservation.
Check-in for the villas begins at 4 PM at the earliest, and check-out is by 12 PM at the latest.
The rental price of the cabin includes cleaning after your stay, but we kindly ask that upon departure, you:
- Load and start the dishwasher.
- Collect used linens and towels either on one of the beds or on the bathroom floor.
- Turn off all indoor and outdoor lights.
- Check that all villa windows and ventilation shutters are closed.
- Lock all exterior doors.
- Take the trash from the kitchen and bathroom to the outdoor sorting and recycling station before leaving.
Discover Kanava Resort, Oravi Village, and the charming Lake Saimaa area
There is one shared parking area for vehicles on the resort’s grounds, as well as up to four charging stations for electric cars (surcharge). You can drive your vehicle to the door of your rented cabin for unloading luggage, but please move it to the parking area afterwards so that the emergency routes remain clear. Airport transfers from Savonlinna Airport to Kanava Resort and back are available by prior arrangement.
Paths from the villas lead to Kanava Resort’s private and shallow, sandy beach, which also has a shared dock.
There are a total of nine cabins on Kanava Resort’s grounds. The plot also includes a pavilion and an old vaulted cellar.
Looking for a holiday destination elsewhere in Finland?
Our stunning accommodation options at Kytäjä in Southern Finland and amidst the mountain scenery of Ruka in Northern Finland offer high-quality and modern lodging without compromising on the tranquility of nature and beautiful landscapes.